This thread will provide a wealth of information about Alpha Financial Markets Consulting careers and jobs at Alpha Financial Markets Consulting (Alpha FMC) to candidates looking for new consulting jobs.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case Alpha Financial Markets Consulting.
Below is copied the profile information about Alpha Financial Markets Consulting. If you know of other sources of information about Alpha Financial Markets Consulting careers, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Alpha Financial Markets Consulting.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
Alpha Financial Markets Consulting (Alpha FMC)
2. About our company
Alpha was founded in 2003 and is a leading global provider of consulting, benchmarking and implementation services to financial institutions predominately within Europe and the USA.
Headquartered in the UK, we have offices in France, Luxembourg and the US. We particularly focus on the asset and wealth management industries and the companies that service them.
Alpha offers 4 core services:
– Consulting: we undertake a wide range of projects and have extensive experience and credentials spanning all areas of the business
– Benchmarking: our benchmarking studies and unique proprietary data help us provide in-depth analysis of all areas of the business and allow us to assess and compare efficiencies at the function level
– Implementation: we undertake a wide range of implementation and project management engagements, typically in the areas of post-merger integration and system selection/implementation
– Contracting: we place experienced contractors in leading financial institutions through one of our business units, Omega Contracts
3. Types of clients we serve
We work for the world’s leading asset managers and the companies that supply them. A sample of our client base can be found on our website:
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
We offer an exciting and rewarding career for self-motivated, high achievers. We:
– Have no quotas restricting progression or promotion
– Enjoy working with like-minded high-calibre individuals
– Thrive on the opportunities and ‘space’ to develop
– Enjoy working with clients who value and appreciate what we do
– Have no large overheads or bureaucracy
– Offer more focussed career development
– Win interesting work against our larger competitors
Our innovative profit share scheme means that we all share in the benefits of our success. Career progression is entirely determined by working successfully with clients and building the business. Feedback from all recent joiners confirms that the team spirit within our company is unrivalled in the financial services consulting sector
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
To find out more about Alpha, see http://www.alphafmc.com/who_we_are/who_we_are.html.
To find out more about what we do, see http://www.alphafmc.com/what_we_do/what_we_do.html.
To see what a career with us could mean, see http://www.alphafmc.com/what_we_do/what_we_do.html.
To read a little more about our industry insights and recent press coverage, see http://www.alphafmc.com/news_and_insight/news_and_insight.html
8. Key contact details
To contact us, please use the following details for our UK head office:
Address: 60 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7BB
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 9300
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7796 9307
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
Voted top European Company in Consulting Magazine’s 2010 ‘Best Small Firms to Work For’