It's up to you but you may also want to consider the following:
- Your post did not contain the word "please" I find this slightly rude. Especially given that this is your first post on the forum and you have not clearly articulated what research (if any) you have completed.
- If you come to this forum as "informed" you will get better results. There is massive of information of which consulting firms are perceived to be Strat houses, big 4 etc etc. You're effectively trying to use us like google.
- You have good academics at A-Level and attending a reasonable university. Having said that you have not supplied sufficient information to advise on what you can do to secure yourself an MC job, other than give you the same generic advice that you can find through a forum or google search.
Hello, really sorry I never said please. Its just all the forums I use like Maths stack exchange and TSR, are ones that nobody really says stuff like that. But regardless I will always do so now. I didn't even think that anyone would reply!
All I have is petty work experience. I live in the UK (just realised this website is .com so I hope that is not going to be a problem for me getting advice).
I have contacted this firm called VC consulting and they said they were already full on interns but said that they will ask their clients if they need an extra intern, so this seems like a dead deal to me.
I contacted PwC but they just kept going on about internships which I was unsuccessful with.
I have been applying for any available financial internships which I am waiting a reply on but with these roles, I'm not very passionate about most of them since they are just the leftover opportunities. I just applied so I don't end up wasting my summer.
But I really want MC experience mainly because correct me if I am wrong but every firm has like an assessment centre for the graduate scheme and having MC experience would make me better at that.
I pretty much pasted my CV. Please have a look at it and advise me on what I should do to get a grad offer in MC!!
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
University of Birmingham Oct 2013 – Jul 2016
BSc Mathematics – First Class in second year (Averaged 85%) and in first year
Modules: Algebra, Mechanics, Differential Equations, Programming, Financial Mathematics
BMET College & Aston Manor Academy Sep 2009 – Jul 2013
A-Levels: Mathematics A*, Further Mathematics A, Physics A
GCSEs: 3A*s, 5As, 1B in Maths, English, Science, Additional Science, D&T, Art, IT, Business
Dec 2014 – Present McDonald's, Birmingham Sales Assistant
▪ Work as teams to welcome customers, take orders and offer advice regarding menus
▪ Serve customers by advising and persuading them of new offers available at the store
▪ Communicate with fellow employees to help on how a task can be done more efficiently
▪ Help in locating and confirming the preciseness of transactions and operate equipment with secondary electronic data processing
Oct 2014 – Present Clear Links, Birmingham Support Worker (At University)
▪ Communicate with students with disabilities who have trouble taking notes in lectures to find out how they prefer notes taken
▪ Present clear and concise notes on the various relevant topics
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
2014 – 2015 Investment Society, University of Birmingham
▪ Communicated with experienced individuals to gain insight of professional service roles
▪ Learned about daily routines of Consultants and how they manage their day efficiently
2011 – 2012 Home Tutoring
▪ Achieved A* at GCSE Maths at age 14
▪ Led and managed a private tutor group helping them achieve top grades
2010 Maths Challenge, University of Birmingham
▪ Teamed up with students from different schools to communicate and tackle advanced math problems
▪ Led my group to organise methods to solve the problems given
▪ Built relationships with teammates to improve strength of group work
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Suite, Internet, Email, LaTeX, Macromedia Flash
LANGUAGES & INTERESTS: Fluent in English and Bengali & Enjoy biking, skateboarding and self-teaching the piano