This is my first time posting here. I've been following this forum for months and found a lot of useful info, so thanks in advance for your help.
Here is my dilemma:
A couple of months ago, I decided to start contracting and found my first contract: 6 months contract with an IB, good rate, interesting job. I would say yes without any hesitation, except that I'm also hoping for an offer from a big 4 (permanent position).
The recruitment process with the big4 has started a long time ago (before I decided to go contracting) and everything has been extremely slow.
If it was another consultancy, I wouldn't bother and stay with my decision to become a freelance.
But I've always wanted to work for that specific big 4, and I can really see myself working with the people I met.
Also, the job is exactly what I would want to do in a consultancy, level is senior manager. I haven't received any offer yet. I don't expect the salary to be amazing, but I think it's not all about money.... Potential for career progression, networking opportunities, interesting clients and projects...
Since I haven't received any offer yet, I may just be speculating and wasting my/your time...
Any advice would be highly appreciated.