Great to see a whole forum dedicated to this stuff.
So, I'll be SHORT about this and just give you guys the gist, then you can make fun of me and tell me why it's dumb or what you think is cool - or who you know who's doing something similar - or just comment for fun :)
- I'm aiming to consult with Tech Startups... initially in the Boston area, and PARTICULARLY in Emerging Technologies
- I'm aiming to build up two sites (primarily TechEmergence.com... which just got hacked which sucks...) in order to get my demographic on their (entrepreneurs in emerging technology), and I plan to write and have writers on MANY other MAJOR tech blogs / publications
- I plan to be a go-to source for emerging tech startup news... and a go-to NEWS hub for startups who want to get their names out there
- I plan to build a list of subscribers, parse them out (Fanboys, Entrepreneurs, etc...)
- I plan to sell a monthly membership to a forum (Novel, right?) and access to a great community and other resources
- Parse out startup owners and give them essential startup materials about marketing automation / legal / whatever else... all of which come with a Survey and a strategy call. Call these guys and sell consulting
^ I'm doing this right now and selling $500.00 Skill Development consulting to martial artists / martial arts teachers. I'm not joking. And 847/month internet marketing consulting / coaching... all off of lower end courses with free strategy calls
^ In order to build a consulting FIRM... what would I need to do to really get this model going? What other elements should I think about to get leadflow and initial sales / testimonials?
Thanks so much! If you know someone high up in consulting, let me know I'd love to learn a lot!