Thread List
First Page Previous Page Page 51 / 305 Next Page Last Page
Subject#Latest
4 18.09.13
8 18.09.13
12 16.09.13
8 15.09.13
3 15.09.13
3 15.09.13
5 14.09.13
8 14.09.13
1 13.09.13
5 13.09.13
2 12.09.13
6 12.09.13
2 12.09.13
1 10.09.13
22 10.09.13
2 10.09.13
1 09.09.13
11 06.09.13
6 06.09.13
1 06.09.13
3 06.09.13
16 06.09.13
3 06.09.13
5 06.09.13
4 05.09.13
1 05.09.13
4 05.09.13
17 04.09.13
3 04.09.13
9 04.09.13
3 03.09.13
2 03.09.13
2 03.09.13
3 02.09.13
3 02.09.13
10 02.09.13
5 01.09.13
6 30.08.13
1 30.08.13
4 30.08.13
5 29.08.13
7 29.08.13
1 29.08.13
1 29.08.13
5 29.08.13
6 28.08.13
6 28.08.13
3 27.08.13
4 27.08.13
16 26.08.13
First Page Previous Page Page 51 / 305 Next Page Last Page

Should i stay or go?

 
#1 Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 12:53

Fabregas07

Hello, need advice? I am currently at ACN but have been passed over for promotion to Manager. I have been offered a 25% pay rise by a tier 2 consulting firm at 2 levels above my current grade. The role sounds very exciting but I am concerned about leaving a top 4 brand in the long term. I have enjoyed my career at ACN S to date but feel I am at a crossroads. Please offer some advice?

Reply  Quote   
 
#2 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 13:12

abc123 to Fabregas07 (#1)

Follow the $$$.

Reply  Quote   
 
#3 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 13:13

Monks123 to Fabregas07 (#1)

depends on the top tier 2 firm?

Reply  Quote   
 
#4 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 14:05

tom1 to Fabregas07 (#1)

If it's TCS, Wipro, Infosys stay put.

Depending on your definition of tier 2? e.g. if it was Capco, Capgemini, PA Consulting etc. then jump ship.

Reply  Quote   
 
#5 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 14:13

Fabregas07 to tom1 (#4)

Thanks. It is none of these but operating on a niche area and this is where the company is looking to progress. They have been absolutely spot on in what they want to achieve and what they need to do. My role would be executing this plan which is why it is so exciting. The package and role is fantastic but just would like to hear from people who have left top 4 for similar positions and whether they regretted it in the long run?

Reply  Quote   
 
#6 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 15:40

a07 to Fabregas07 (#5)

Left the big4 for industry and now work for a small digital agency.

Do I regret it - no!

What have I gained:

- Currently running projects which I would never have been given the responsibility for

- My salary when I went to industry was double what I earned at the big4, was made redundant but current salary is still much higher than what I earned at the big4

- Work is just as interesting if not more with a good variety of clients, and my staff are not out to back stab

- A life .....

Enough said. Remember you can always go back to ACN and consulting is the sort of industry where experience from all walks of life is valued. Good luck whatever you decide

Reply  Quote   
 
#7 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 21:23

Monks123 to a07 (#6)

tcs from one of your other posts right? or maybe cognizant

Reply  Quote   
 
#8 RE: Should i stay or go?
07/08/2013 21:34

Fabregas07 to Monks123 (#7)

Cognizant :)

Reply  Quote   
 
#9 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 08:56

cloudnumbernine4u to Fabregas07 (#8)

Hi ,

Don't u want to wait till tell week?

I thought u will know about promotions only then...

Regarding acn to cogni...they r offering minimum 20 percent hike to join them from acn to everybody ...u may have joined their programme management consultancy..where they r expanding big time...few others have made this shift and r happy at the moment...and few have joined the other way...so u can always get back to acn later....

Frankly not much of difference in projects...will give an example...one of my acn colleague was proposed to join my project.at a client...but his start date for the project was delayed...in the mean time he was working at another client but then got an offer from cogni and left acn....after joining cogni he was asked to join the same client where I work through acn..to do similar role. In other project...

So basically no difference to him in what he was doing..but he was now getting 20% higher salary...

Reply  Quote   
 
#10 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 11:40

powernap to cloudnumbernine4u (#9)

That post would make a mean set of personalised plates.

Reply  Quote   
 
#11 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 14:45

Monks123 to powernap (#10)

I would say negotiate more, 20% isnt a great deal when you take into account you bonus if you get any will be pro-rated and you might not get a pay rise until summer 2015 as there year runs from Jan-Dec

Reply  Quote   
 
#12 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 15:23

Anon MCs to Fabregas07 (#8)

Fabregas,

Lots of conflicting advice here, ultimately you will have to make the decision. A few pointers:

- MCs are inherently inbred, there is absolutely no problem switching from one to the next, as long as you can explain well and there are a few years in each (ie you haven't moved every few months or every year)

- Most of the consultants I met moved due to £££ and promotion. When I first met them they would talk about how much better the place we were at was and what an amazing environment it was etc etc. Once I got to know them, they would explain its all much of the same but to get a big pay rise / promotion the easiest way was to move consultanties and hence voila, here they were. Yours seems no different

- Don't worry about Big 4 vs other consultancies. If you were at MBB, then Coolio or BEP could provide better advice but going ACN to one of the Techs is no issue. If you make sure you are top quartile performance and keep a good network, you will be able to move between MCs easily enough in the future

- Ultimately, decision is yours. Make sure you get a nice fat payrise and a solid promotion, alongside nice projects and then you won't have anything to complain about.

Good luck

Reply  Quote   
 
#13 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 19:30

Fabregas07 to Anon MCs (#12)

Thanks Anon MC's :)

Reply  Quote   
 
#14 RE: Should i stay or go?
08/08/2013 19:36

cloudnumbernine4u to Fabregas07 (#13)

Again..a quick one...u shd still wait till end of August..check what you have got in the tell week..and then ask for that jump of 25% on top of it..!! :))

Reply  Quote   
 
#15 RE: Should i stay or go?
09/08/2013 14:46

CONnedsultant to cloudnumbernine4u (#14)

I think you should not wait on tell week..given how disappointing it was last year..

Reply  Quote   
 
#16 RE: Should i stay or go?
06/09/2013 13:20

Fabregas07 to CONnedsultant (#15)

Thanks for all the advice. Ultimately, I decided to go as the role and package were ideal.

Reply  Quote   

Top of Page

ThreadID: 83135

Advertise
Your Jobs!