I'm in the early stages the PwC recruitment process for a Senior Associate position within the Operations Transformation team. I have just passed the psychometric testing stage and have an upcoming 30-45min telephone interview.
I was wondering if any members of this forum work within or have knowledge of this team. I would like to establish the following if possible;
- The position is advertised as UK-wide flexible location. Living in London on a Senior Associate grade does not seem appealing. How likely is it that I will need to be based in London? I would rather tolerate excessive travel than increase my living costs by 200%
- What is the size/structure of the team?
- How is the team perceived by the rest of PwC Consulting?
- What industries does the team currently operate within?
- How does the role of Operations - Transformation differ from the role of Operations - Performance Improvement? They seem very similar in their nature, I would envisage some overlap and my skills (BPR, Chagne Mgt and Service Redesign) cover both disciplines. I applied for the Transformation role as the emphasis of the team seemed better aligned to the type of projects that I would like to be involved in.
Apart from the usual advice (mapping skills/experience to PwC values and JD/person spec) are there any potential stumbling blocks that I should be aware of in the next stage of the assessment and beyond.
If anyone has any general views about the PwC Operations Consulting function I would appreciate you sharing these as this will help to shape my understanding of the role as I progress through the recruitment process.
Appreciate any feedback in advance,