I have an offer from Deloitte for the IT Consultant role. At the same time Accenture offered me a role in IT Delivery Project Manager in their technology workforce.
Obviously Deloitte consultancy role is offering a much higher package than Accenture. But that’s short term benefit.
I am finding it difficult to make decisions based on long term prospects. I have made an advantage/ disadvantages tables for both Deloitte and Accenture. I'd be extremely grateful if I could get some advice from helpful/kind professional on the web forum.
*Better brand than ACN
*Small chuck of projects with 8-12 weeks duration
*Good career prospects, chance of rapid promotions and pay rise
*Chances of securing projects into financial sectors
* Chance to work on strategy projects?
* Most of the projects are UK based, so will not be spending lot of time internationally away from family.
1. Will not be managing a team directly
2. Lot more stress full than working for Technology solutions in ACN
1. More stable
2. If the clients like you, one can hang around on that project for a long time
3. Will build your management skills as will be managing resources in India Delivery centres.
4. Will be managing large scale £1M - £2M projects
5. Less stressful?
1. Not as good package as Deloitte
2. Likely more mundane IT delivery projects, small enhancements to large systems?
3. Projects based all over the global, so would involve lot of international travel and spend time away from family.
4. Technology solutions growth is much slower than consultancy roles.
1. 5-6 years experience of managing 10-15 people, PRINCE2 qualified, Experience of 2-3 industries, but not financial
2. I come from a technical background but I am good at management/presentation than technical skills. :-)
1. ACN has more mundane IT delivery projects, most of them are bug fixes and minor enhancements to already existing systems.
2. Deloitte will have more strategy projects.
3. As a consultant you most likely will NOT have responsibilities for analysts working for your project? You will be a team member working for Deloitte Manager.
4. Work in Deloitte would not involve expert technical skills like JAVA development, C++ development etc? Even if there are projects which demand these. Your role would be getting a team of developers to get the work done and deliver the output to clients?