This thread will provide a wealth of information about consulting careers at Serco Consulting and Serco Consulting jobs to candidates looking for new consultancy opportunities.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case Serco Consulting careers.
Below is copied the profile information about Serco Consulting If you know of other sources of information about careers at Serco Consulting, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Serco Consulting.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
Serco Consulting is part of Serco Group, a FTSE 100 international service company, which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. Around the world, we improve essential services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aviation, BPO, defence, education, environmental services, facilities management, health, home affairs, information and communications technology, knowledge services, local government, science and nuclear, transport, welfare to work and the commercial sectors.
3. Types of clients we serve
Our client base is predominantly public sector-based with clients across central government, local government, health, home affairs and defence. We also have a growing number of major corporate clients and are focused on winning new clients in the financial services, energy and media and telecommunications industries.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
1) They want to be part of making a genuine difference and delivering actual outcomes to citizens.
2) The opportunity to develop a career in one of the most admired companies in the UK as voted by Management Today – Serco Group.
3) The quality and variety of projects that they are exposed to – including working on internal projects within the Group as well as a varied external portfolio of clients.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
Richmond-upon-Thames, London, Hook
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
8. Key contact details
Serco Consulting, Palm Court, 4 Heron Square, Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey TW9 1EW
Tel: 020 8939 1500
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
MCA Consulting Industry awards:
• HR Consultant of the Year 2009 Best BPO Programme in Western Europe;
• IQPC Process Excellence Network Awards Management Today’s Annual Most Admired Companies – as part of Serco Group;
• Support Service Company of the year (4 out of last 5 years), 2nd most Admired Company in Britain