This thread will provide a wealth of information about consulting careers at DMW Group and DMW Group consulting jobs to candidates looking for new consultancy opportunities.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case DMW Group jobs.
Below is copied the profile information about DMW Group. If you know of other sources of information about careers at DMW Group, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like DMW Group.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
DMW is one of the UK’s leading independent IT consultancies specialising in the design, delivery and operation of IT systems. Our people are experienced consultants from a ‘big 4’ consulting heritage, with deep technical and project delivery skills. We offer our clients expertise in the following areas:
– programme and project management
– technical architecture
– IT infrastructure/operations
Since our establishment in 1989 we’ve had an outstanding reputation for delivering difficult IT projects for our clients. Recommendations and referrals have been our primary sources of work, and we are proud that the last two years have been our best ever. We believe that a key reason for our success is that we ‘make’ things happen. At DMW, we genuinely do what we think is best for our clients – we are not beholden to any vendors or service providers and we don’t have an agenda to push. Our only goal is to deliver success for our client’s business.
3. Types of clients we serve
The following is a list of our recent clients – they are some of the biggest firms in the UK, from major blue chip companies to public sector and government organisations: Balfour Beatty, Barclays Bank, BP, Boots, Lloyds Banking Group, MoD, Royal Mail, Shell, Sit‑Up TV, Thomson Reuters, Visa and Xerox.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
Our team tell us they chose to join DMW because we offer:
• Challenging projects & interesting work across a variety or business sectors.
• An intellectually stimulating environment – our people are top performers from the big 4 consulting firms.
• A refreshing lack of bureaucracy.
• Work/life balance – most of our projects are within the M25.
• An opportunity to make a difference – the whole company is involved in shaping the business.
• Good financial rewards – we aim to provide salaries that are comparable to the upper quartile of the consulting market.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
8. Key contact details
13 Charles II Street, London SW1Y 4QU
Tel: 020 7404 2233
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
Investors in People 2010