This thread will provide a wealth of information about consulting careers at Project One Consulting and Project One Consulting jobs to candidates looking for new consultancy opportunities.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case Project One Consulting careers.
Below is copied the profile information about Project One Consulting. If you know of other sources of information about careers at Project One Consulting, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Project One Consulting.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
Project One Consulting
2. About our company
Project One specialises in leading and delivering business critical change. Founded in 1998, the company has grown through client demand to become the largest independent programme management company in the UK. We work in regional teams, keeping close to our clients and enabling our consultants to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Clients come to us when they have challenging outcomes to achieve. We provide highly experienced change leadership, keeping change under control and focused on delivering results by:
• Applying our skills and experience to make a real impact on our clients’ business and their people, often in complex environments;
• Working with client teams and other suppliers/partners with a ‘one team’ culture;
• Using, sharing and contributing to Project One Know-How on our Knowledge Lab, our unique collaboration tool, to maximise our value to clients;
• Engaging directly with senior clients, developing relationships, understanding what is really important, offering points of view and advice, and supporting them to be successful
3. Types of clients we serve
We work predominantly with FTSE 100 companies and equivalent … companies committed to achieving critical outcomes through ambitious change.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
When candidates choose to join Project One, it is usually because of the following factors:
1. Interesting and challenging assignments, across a variety of sectors, with continuous opportunity for personal growth and development;
2. Direct engagement with clients on critical business issues;
3. A great team of highly experienced, like-minded people;
4. Work/life balance through our regional model enabling people to get home most nights and a flexible reward structure;
5. A positive culture that focuses on integrity, customer obsession and knowledge sharing in an environment free from bureaucracy;
6. A successful, growing company that is going places
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
London, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
Please see http://www.projectone.com/join-our-team
8. Key contact details
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01477 544 462
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For 2010
Best Companies Accreditation 2010