This thread will provide a wealth of information about KPMG consultancy jobs and careers at KPMG to candidates looking for a new consulting job.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case KPMG consultancy jobs.
Below is copied the profile information about KPMG. If you know of other sources of information about careers at KPMG, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like KPMG.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
KPMG is one of the world’s leading professional services organisations — a global network of member firms operating in 144 countries. Our UK firm offers Audit, Tax, and Advisory services to thousands of clients, from some of the largest multinationals and best-known brands to public bodies and private individuals. This work takes us to the heart of the business world — we help clients grow and develop, advising on risk and helping to improve their financial performance. We’re committed to offering our clients an exceptional experience and we know we can only achieve this if we recruit and retain the best people across the globe. Our 10,000+ people, including 556 partners, are the heart and soul of KPMG in the UK and are given many opportunities to flourish both professionally and personally. KPMG has consistently been placed in the top 10 for the last 6 years and this year as the highest ranking of the Big 4 Accountancy firms. In 2009 KPMG received a special ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award in recognition of our performance in the list.
3. Types of clients we serve
Our client base ranges from some of the largest multinationals and best-known brands to public bodies and private individuals.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
MBA campus recruiting
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
There are many reasons candidate choose to join KPMG, one of three reasons is:
1. the investment we make in developing our people and offering them fantastic opportunities to be personally stretched and challenged.
2. The opportunity to move around KPMG, both between member irms and different functions or on an International secondment for a short-term or long-term assignment.
3. And our CSR policy, for more than 12 years, KPMG has built a vibrant and coordinated programme of Corporate Social Responsibility that involves a range of external organisations as well as large numbers of KPMG’s people. And you are encouraged to use your 3˝ hours of volunteer work time in a month.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Nottingham, Plymouth, Preston, Reading, Southampton, St Albans
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
Careers at KPMG: http://www.kpmg.co.uk/careers; Graduates at KPMG: http://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/Graduates/default.aspx?pg=2
8. Key contact details
For Graduate, Vacation and School Leaver queries please either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0500 664 665. We welcome calls from textphones. If you have a textphone, call 18001 before dialling our number and you will be put through to a text relay assistant. For Experienced Professionals and Secretarial & Administration queries please email us at email@example.com.
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
• Sunday Times Best Big Companies list 2011 KPMG has been awarded 9th place in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies List 2011. KPMG has consistently been placed in the top 10 for the last 6 years and this year as the highest ranking of the Big 4 Accountancy firms. In 2009 KPMG received a special ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award in recognition of our performance in the list.
• Business in the Community Platinum KPMG achieves ‘Platinum Plus’ in Busines s in the Community’s Corporate Responsibility Index and wins four ‘Big Ticks’ in BITC’s Awards for Excellence. – KPMG is delighted to have achieved the highest possible rating – the Platinum Plus band – in Business in the Community’s 2010 Corporate Responsibility Index, the UK’s leading voluntary benchmark of corporate responsibility. KPMG is one of only ten organisations in the UK to achieve this rating.
• Where women want to work KPMG, for the fourth year running has been named as one of the UK’s Top 50 places Where Women Want To Work.
• KPMG Named in the Top Employers for Working Families list. As part of its 30th anniversary celebrations in 2009, work-life balance charity Working Families has launched an inaugural list of the best of the best family-friendly employers. We’re delighted to be included in this list, which celebrates employers who demonstrate the practical application of a family friendly approach to employment. Working Families identify this as being ‘more than about having a suite of policies around work-life balance. It’s about taking steps to make sure that they are actually useful to the people who need them – not just in their current situation, but through the lifecourse as an employee.’
• KPMG ranks amongst top 25 employers in Stonewall Workplace Equality Index Top 100 Employers for 2009, showcasing Britain’s best employers for lesbian and gay staff. KPMG ranked 22nd, an improvement of 7 places on last year’s ranking, and just behind EY (ranked 19th) and PwC (ranked 21st). Deloitte ranked 77th. 317 employers took part in the benchmarking exercise this year, up from 136 in 2005, with professional services, police and investment banking being the top performing sectors.
• KPMG achieves prestigious CommunityMark, a new national standard that publicly recognises companies that are the best investors in their communities, developed by Business in the Community. The CommunityMark is endorsed by government and the voluntary sector.