This thread will provide a wealth of information about L.E.K. Consulting jobs and careers at L.E.K. to candidates looking for a new consultancy position.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case L.E.K. Consulting jobs.
Below is copied the profile information about L.E.K. Consulting. If you know of other sources of information about careers at L.E.K. Consulting, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like L.E.K. Consulting.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
L.E.K. Consulting is an international firm that specialises in strategy, transaction services and performance improvement consulting. It advises the largest private and public sector organisations, private equity companies and smaller, more entrepreneurial businesses. With a reputation for resolving the most complex commercial issues, L.E.K. helps business leaders consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. The firm was founded in 1983 and employs over 900 staff in 20 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Paciic. In 2007, L.E.K Consulting was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for its achievements in international trade.
3. Types of clients we serve
L.E.K. Consulting has gained an international reputation as a firm that addresses the most important and complex issues for some of the world’s most successful companies. We help business leaders consistently make better decisions, deliver improved business performance and create greater shareholder returns. Our experts combine a wealth of experience with sophisticated analytical skills to provide clients with a clear strategic approach and actionable recommendations.
L.E.K. provides a comprehensive range of capabilities around the globe, including Strategy, Shareholder Value Management, Mergers & Acquisitions support, Operations & Organisation and Marketing & Sales. We have deep expertise and a proven track record in a broad range of industries.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
MBA campus recruiting
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
1) A career at L.E.K. involves exposure to a wide range of industries, and opportunities to provide strategy, inance, marketing and sales, operations, organisation, and transaction consulting to many of the world’s foremost companies and organisations.
2) At L.E.K. we endeavour to develop professional skills and enhance performance through every stage of a person’s career. Part of L.E.K.’s mission is to be the best and fastest at developing business talent.
3) We recognise that success requires teamwork. All partners spend over 70 percent of their time working with Consultants and Associates to deliver client projects.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
8. Key contact details
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
Healthcare Sector Advisor of the Year 2011
Commercial Due Diligence Provider of the Year 2009