This thread will provide a wealth of information about careers at Atkins and Atkins consultancy jobs to candidates looking for a new consulting job.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case Atkins consultancy jobs.
Below is copied the profile information about Atkins. If you know of other sources of information about careers at Atkins, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Atkins.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modelling of a flood defence system or the improvement of a management process, at Atkins we plan, design and enable solutions to our customer’s most complex problems. We take a hands-on role to ensure solutions are not only conceived, but also delivered with genuine beneits. Within our management consultancy business, we support our clients by cutting through complexity to deliver results. We plan, design and enable the delivery of solutions that result in real value through releasing potential eficiency gains from the implementation of organisational and ICT enabled business change. Our consultants ensure that business cases are developed to obtain management commitment and approval for investment in business change including programmes and projects. We know that turning your corporate vision and strategy into operational reality can be challenging and disruptive to business as usual. So we provide direction, guidance and innovative services to support and enable the successful execution of change initiatives. Our experienced consultants guide and support you through strategic based analysis to develop and implement the entire business portfolio, prioritising which projects and programmes will achieve most business beneit. Our ICT consultants ensure that any technology not only meets the requirements of its users but that it is implemented and managed to realise the promised beneits. We provide programme and project management consultancy and even entire programme management teams to assist our clients to deliver controlled change to transform their business. We focus on the provision of client side project management expertise to ensure that our client’s project objectives aren’t just conceived that are actually successfully delivered within the ever present constraints of time, cost and quality.
• 17,500 employees worldwide
• Revenue: £1.4 billion
• Established in 1938
• The world’s 11th largest global design firm (ENR)
• Second largest global architecture firm (BD Top 100 World Architecture)
• The 29th largest design irm in the US (ENR)
• Second largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe
• Ranked as one of the top 10 irms in the Middle East (ENR)
• UK’s largest engineering consultancy for the last 13 years (NCE Consultants File)
3. Types of clients we serve
We provide independent advice on complex business problems at senior levels in the public and private sectors, across a number of market sectors.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
As a consultancy, Atkins is a people business and our continued success depends upon recruiting and retaining talented professionals from a multitude of backgrounds. We are as committed to diversity as we are to excellence. We recognise that individuals want to progress in many different ways. At Atkins all career routes have equal status, whether they are in project management, in a technical discipline or in business management. We aim to be an employer of choice and provide an environment in which our people can lourish and succeed.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
London, Epsom, Cheltenham, Chelmsford, Ipswich
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
8. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
9. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
10. Awards won in the last 2 years
• Ranked as one of The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in 2011.
• Named in the new Times Top 50 Employers for Women listing which recognises UK organisations that make the most of women in their workforce.
• Won the Best of the Best Top Diversity Employers for Women 2010
• Ranked among the Top 100 Graduate Employers in The Times UK graduate survey 2010.
• Won the Most Popular Graduate Recruiter for the construction and civil engineering sector.
• Received the award for Best Recruitment Team for the second year in a row.
• Won the GCC Consultancy of the Year award for innovative, original and consistent expertise on projects.
• Named Consultancy of the Year for its commitment to carbon reduction.