This thread will provide a wealth of information about careers at Pcubed and Pcubed consultancy jobs to candidates looking for a new consulting job.
In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about consulting jobs and careers at each of these firms - in this case careers at Pcubed.
Below is copied the profile information about Pcubed. If you know of other sources of information about Pcubed consultancy jobs, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Pcubed.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
Since inception in March 1994, Pcubed has worked with many of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies to overcome organizational challenges and deliver success on the most complex and critical programs. Success has been seen in clients like the Ford Motor Company, many of the leading global banks, Chevron, the Olympic Authority and the UK Government.
Pcubed has been recognized throughout the Project Management industry with such prestigious awards as the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management Partner of the Year (2007), named as a Small Jewel Consulting Firm by Consulting Magazine (2006) and recognition as one of the Financial Times 50 Best Workplaces in the UK (2007). Pcubed’s two founders, Adrian Balfour and Paul Driver, had a vision of empowering better program management within major global organizations through providing PPM dedicated consultants. With more than 3,000 successful engagements from 20 global locations, Pcubed delivers consistent business value through our world class consulting engagements to make ‘every project successful’.
3. Types of clients we serve
Our global client base is focused in the Financial Services, Manufacturing, Energy, Hi-Tech & Telecomms, Global Sporting Events and Public Sector. We also support clients in other markets where necessary. We have a large amount of case studies across various markets published on our website.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
Pcubed offers a refreshing lack of formality and politics, the only focus is on delivering success for our clients. As a flat structured environment ‘Pcubers’ are given real responsibility as soon as they start, and have the ability to shape their future career with us to take them in the direction that they want to go in. Pcubed’s culture allows each employee to make a difference and our portfolio of blue-chip clients ensures our projects will always offer a challenge.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
London (EMEA HQ)
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
See the Careers/Join the Team section on http://www.pcubed.com
8. Key contact details
London office telephone: +44 (0) 20 7462 0100 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Planning Professionals Ltd. (England-3025947) 10 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3SR, United Kingdom
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Retail Financial Services focus)
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
• Pcubed awarded Best Company ‘one to watch’ 2011. Pcubed is proud to announce that it has been independently recognized with a 2011 – Best Company ‘one to watch’ award. Pcubed works tirelessly to maintain its best in class approach for our clients and for the development of our people, and this award is in recognition of that effort
• Finalist for the 2010 Information Worker Solutions Microsoft Enterprise Project Management Partner of the Year Award. Pcubed was again chosen out of a global field of Microsoft partners as delivering best-in-class customer solutions built on Microsoft’s technology.
• Pcubed is proud that our DeliveryHub solution is an award winner for the ‘COOLEST 2007 DASHBOARD’ as part of the Microsoft Project Conference 2009 Awards Program This worldwide award program recognizes customers and partners who have delivered innovative solutions built on Microsoft Enterprise Project Management 2007 technologies.
• Finalist for the 2009 Information Worker Solutions Microsoft Enterprise Project Management Partner of the Year Award. Pcubed was chosen out of a global ield of Microsoft partners as delivering best-in-class customer solutions built on Microsoft’s technology.
• Finalist for the IPMA International Project Excellence Award 2009, winner to be announced June 2009. The Status of Finalist represents that the Project has reached the Level of Project Excellence. With regard to the Philosophy of Total Quality Management, Benchmarking and of the IPMA Project Excellence Award contest, the achievement of the Level of Excellence is the important goal.