In producing the recently published Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about careers at each of these firms - in this case careers at Accenture.
Below is copied the profile information about Accenture. If you know of other sources of information about Accenture jobs, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Accenture.
For more information on consulting firms and career options within consulting, download your free copy of the Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx.
1. Name of consulting firm
2. About our company
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. With more than 223,000 people in 120 countries, we combine unparalleled experience with comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions. With extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.
3. Types of clients we serve
What really makes Accenture stand out is the diversity, scale and groundbreaking nature of our projects. They’re all unique, but each one harnesses the very latest thinking and innovations for leading clients. Collaborating with our clients, we help them to transform their businesses while achieving high performance. We work with 80 of the FTSE 100 and 94 of the Fortune Global 100. In revenue terms, Accenture UK is the equivalent of a FTSE 50 company. Some names you will recognise include BA, BT, BP, Virgin Wines, Prudential, DVLA, Orange and Selfridges.
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
MBA campus recruiting
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
• Exceptional talent. Accenture has more of the world’s most talented people assembled under one roof than any other organisation. It’s stimulating, productive and great fun too.
• Continuous learning and training. Ultimately this is a knowledge-based enterprise. Joining Accenture means committing yourself to lifelong learning and personal development.
• High quality work. Our ability to deliver exceptional job satisfaction and career development is directly linked to the breadth and diversity of our clients – and the scale of projects we tackle. Our people are driven to provide new solutions on how to improve businesses and work with our clients to help them seize new opportunities.
• A collaborative approach. Openness and collaboration are integral to the way we work. To enable our clients to move to a higher level of performance, we develop a deep understanding of all aspects of their business and how they interconnect.
• An entrepreneurial spirit. Accenture was created by entrepreneurs with a vision of the future. It’s driven forward by future-focused individuals who are eager to share in the success of a global business leader.
• A diverse workforce. You will work closely with colleagues from a wide range of cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds.
Alongside this, we are committed to a number of key constants: we believe in stimulating environments – ones that are supportive, engaging and fun. Experience tells us that these are the basic ingredients of creativity and innovation. We believe in lexible working conditions that it in around our people’s lives. We believe in sharing knowledge throughout the network – a feature of life you’ll discover at every level within Accenture. We practise what we preach when it comes to building more collaborative-enabled businesses. It’s this mix of new ideas with key constants that fosters swift decision-making and purposeful leadership. In turn, they close the gap between thought and action. We are especially proud that, even within a global organisation of over 223,000 people, we have created a company with a genuine sense of identity and belonging and this is what attracts candidates to Accenture.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
London, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Aberdeen
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
For graduate careers in Technology and Management Consulting visit http://www.accenture.com/ukgraduates
For graduate careers in Technology visit http://www.accenture.com/atsgraduates
For Experienced Hire careers visit http://www.accenture.com/recruitingnow
For Internships and Placements visit http://www.accenture.com/ukschemes
8. Key contact details
Graduate helpline: 0500 100189
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
• No. 1 for Consulting in the Times Top 100
• No. 16 in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for
• Best Graduate Recruitment Marketing campaign in the Target Awards 2011
• Top Employer voted by Workingmums
• Top 15 employer in Stonewall’s workplace equality index.