With the publication of The Definitive Guide to UK Consulting Firms (see: http://news.top-consultant.com/guide_to_consulting_firms.aspx), we have amassed company profiles for 189 consulting employers. As many of the discussions started on the forum revolve around what it is like to work at different firms, we thought we'd create anchor threads for the firms we have profiles for, to create a place where readers can share additional information about careers at each of these firms - in this case careers at Sapient.
Below is copied the profile information about Sapient Global Markets. If you know of other sources of information about jobs at Sapient, or can provide your own insights of working or interviewing there, or can add anything else constructive for people searching the site for information about them - please reply to this thread and add your input. We'll roll this out to lots of consulting employers over the coming weeks and hopefully can create a great repository of information about consulting employers like Sapient.
1. Name of consulting firm
Sapient Global Markets
2. About our company
Sapient Global Markets, a division of Sapient® (NASDAQ: SAPE), is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organisations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centres worldwide, including Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York, Calgary, Toronto, London, Amsterdam, Düsseldorf, Geneva, Munich, Zurich, and Singapore, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centres in Bangalore, Delhi, and Noida, India. For more information, visit http://www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
3. Types of clients we serve
At Sapient Global Markets, we work with top firms in the following sectors:
• Most of the largest global investment banks
• Six of the top ten investment managers
• The most influential hedge funds
• Three of the top four integrated oil and gas companies
• The largest utilities in the world
• The most influential central banks and regulators
• A variety of exchanges and clearing houses
4. Types of recruitment we are most likely to be undertaking in the next 18 months
Milkround recruiting (i.e. university finalists)
Experienced hire recruiting
5. When candidates choose to join our firm it is usually because
We have a unique corporate culture that has been specifically developed to empower individuals. We provide the resources you need to grow and explore new areas of interest; we give you the freedom to be creative, add value and make a difference to your career and our clients. If you have an idea, we want to hear it. If you’ve developed a better approach or technique, we want to explore it. It’s about the impact you can have in some of the largest firms in the financial market. Our clients are global industry leaders, and the analysis, guidance and technology and process innovation we provide help shape the market’s future.
6. Locations of our UK office(s)
7. Weblinks with career details of our firm
Careers including Graduate Hiring:
8. Key contact details
Sapient Global Markets, Eden House, 8 Spital Square, London E1 6DU UK
9. Areas of practice where we have a strong market presence
Energy & Utilities
Financial Services (Investment Banking/Capital Markets focus)
10. Types of consulting work our firm is most heavily engaged in
Business Process Improvement
Business Transformation/Change Management
11. Awards won in the last 2 years
• Great Place to Work awards:
– Top 50 Great Place to Work UK 2010
– Best Workplaces Canada 2010
– Top 100 Great Place to Work Germany 2011
– Globe 100 Top Places to Work Boston 2010
– Best Workplaces Florida 2010
• Chip Register is one of the Top 25 Consultants 2010
• Sapient is 45th fastest growing companies (Fortune Magazine 2010) and #2 in profit growth.
• Excellence in Diversity (Consulting Magazine)