I need a bit of advice...
I have a conditional offer for a new role at a different firm (need to provide references, security compliance questionnaires etc) and am keen to start as soon as possible.
My notice period for my current firm is 4 weeks, but as of next week, i'm away for 3.5 weeks on a long-planned holiday.
My new employers are fine with a start date in early may, so i'm wondering if i should:
1. Hand in my notice before going away (bearing in mind the offer is still conditional and i don't want to burn my bridges)
2. Hand in my notice when i get back and work my notice (delays me getting into my new job)
3. Tell my boss about the new job this week and offer to work until say 1st May (again, not yet having an unconditional offer)
Any thoughts or experience? Much obliged.