I need your opinion about an offer that I have. I understand that it will have to be my decision in the end but I need views from wide spectrum of people.
I am working in UK for a mediocre company in financial services not exactly into consulting but I have prior consulting experience. I have an offer from a blue chip consulting for a consulting based role.
The problem is the money offerred is much less, because the job is outside UK and the salary does not match my current salary, but in terms of the job it is what I have been looking for. I have been applying for consulting roles in UK for 6 months and have had no luck till now.
I have two options
- Take up the offer with much less salary but with a large consulting company for a job I want to do. The work culture in that country involves significantly longer working hours. Continue working for couple of years and then look to move if not happy else continue and look to move up.
- Continue to stay in UK and hope to get a job in consulting and expecting the market to improve and jobs to open up while continuing to work in present job which does not provide me job satisfaction.
What do you think would be a practical choice