Hi, I am currently researching the somewhat daunting task of my new career, possibly consulting, and am trying to gather as much information as possible to make a decision. My background is a BCom/LLB with 4 years experience as a private practice corporate lawyer. I am midway through completing my MBA through Edinburgh Business School (HW). I am trying to find out the following:
1. Roughly what is the pay structure for consultants at McK, Bain etc and at the accounting firms (i.e. Yr1 - partner/director)?
2. Would the normal route for MBAs be a straight hire to consultant post-completion of the MBA?
3. Is there a timetable when most of the firms start taking applications for new consultants?
4. What is the different reputations of the consulting arms of the accounting firms i.e. is Deloitte seen as preferrable to KPMG etc in the UK and worldwide?
5. Besides the UK I am looking at Singapore and Sydney (I'm a New Zealander). Does anyone know if they follow a similar hiring process in these countries? Also, I only speak English, so would this rule out consulting in HK?
Apologies for all the questions, but I would really appreciate any help. Many thanks