11. The poor hourly rate of pay. Yes, it IS crap.
12. The egos.
13. Clients who think they are smarter than you, but aren't.
14. Having to constantly 'prove yourself'.
15. Your performance being constantly examined under a microscope. I can't even belch without 20 people descending on me with "feedback" about how it went.
16. The travel. Hour after hour of gridlock, delays, or filthy train carriages.
17. Bosses who think you can work on a train. Yeah, by balancing your laptop on someone's head as you stand rammed in like sardines.
18. Clients who are paid more than you but actually do no work at all.
19. The total lack of job security. On the bench for a few months? Hello missed mortgage payment!
20. Having 100 bosses because you work for a 'flat organization'.
21. Idiots who try to take credit for your work.
22. Having to deal with the client's politics as well as your own.
23. Clients who think you work full time for them when actually you have 5 other assignments on the go at the same time.
24. Meetings that over-run.
25. Spending all day in meetings or workshops, and then returning to 20,000 voicemails and e-mails you have to deal with.
26. Idiots calling you on holiday.
27. Being treated like sh1t.