i recently got a job after a long unemployment. The unemployment was difficult but i came out stronger- have the best job ive ever had, more salary, better project etc etc.
1. Be patient and stay positive
things will take time, but oppotrunities will come about ( although infrequently)
2. Be prepared.
Opportunities are few and far between, but you MUST be ready when they come about- grab them with both hands!
3. Differentiate yourself- employers see so many resumes that are essentially the same- whats your point(s) of differentiation...make sure its clear in your mind as well as your CV
4. Network. youve heard this before...attend the industry events etc and hob nob with people. Networks are always useful no matter what the market is doing.
5. Bear markets require specilized skills over genalist skills. Be an expert is something, focus, focus, focus! Get certifications etc in your field. Use this time to upskill ( shows the employer also that u are doing something instead of just doing nothing exept looking.)
6. Comm skills- this is extremely imp in bear markets. You absolutely must be able to communicater well ( both written and verbal) with recruiters and hiring managers. If anything, focus on improving this. The benefits will last throughout your career.