According to the ACN job description, a Tax Transformation Consultant does:
• Tax process re-engineering across tax functions (tax planning, accounting, and audit defence)
• Designing and implementing global indirect tax automation and reporting solutions using software applications including Sabrix, Vertex, and Taxware
• Designing and configuring master data, chart of accounts, and processes in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and PeopleSoft)
• Shared services design and implementation for multiple business units
• Monitoring achievement of strategic, financial and operational benefits, ensuring planned business outcomes are achieved and helping to adjust programs if necessary
This means that you would be doing process mapping, IT systems integration and configuration, as part of shared services and outsourcing projects. You may also do some project management.
So, all of the usual ACN activities, except with a specific focus on the clients' tax functions/sub-functions with the accounts department.