Hi all. I am interested in working in consultancy, motivated primarily by increasing my income, in work that I believe that I will find interesting. I have 10+ years working for a major bank across a range of different business areas. I have worked my way up to middle management level in this time from the absolute bottom, currently working as an implementation manager (process improvement) with responsibility for a team of 30. I perceive that my barriers to entering consultancy are as follows:
- Too much time working for the same company
- Academics so/so - 2 x 2:2 undergraduate degrees
- Preference to be based in the midlands (am realistic above travel however having undertaken a previous role which required 75% of time away from home.
- My progression to current level does not seem to match the quick 'up or out' policies that seem to be employed by several consultancy firms.
I would appreciate your input on the following:
- Am I miles off and wasting my time?
- Are there any suggestions as to how I can market my skills more effectively?
Thanks in advance.