I don’t know how relevant this is as I have no real links to the consulting world, but this is how I think of Accenture after actively visiting these forums for the past 2 years. A layman’s point of view if you will.
1. Great brand name
2. Deep area knowledge
3. Well structured development plan
1. Long hours
2. Sometimes boring work (although I’d imagine this is true in many places)
3. Some long projects in places afar (I don’t know how unique this is to ACN)
4. Typecast as an IT company. Hence if you do anything else there people will still think of you as an IT bod.
5. Rigid and bureaucratic development plan.
Personally, if I were a grad interested in IT and didn’t have any long term personal commitments they’d be my first port of call.