I've a lot respect for everyone who has a time-consuming job and still requires helping others. I need your advice to find a way so PLEASE share it if you think you can help me.
I'm absolutely confident that consulting is my business, because I've been attracted from understanding and controlling complex systems my whole life! There are so many elements in my life that seem to fit in this pattern, so I decided to go for it.
+ I'm 26 and right now finishing my Master of Engineering with the best results possible and even month’s before all other students.
- With only one semester in business I can maybe not win the biggest prices in consulting yet. But I know financial knowledge is necessary to understand an to influence companies.
1. I imagine finding a big company with good people and a mentor and start learning the financial stuff in the evenings.
2. I feel free to leave Germany (e.g. for strategic planning with accenture in Australia).
3. I do not intend to do only technical consulting, because I’m looking for the financial knowledge.
4. Maybe get an additional MBA after 3 to 5 years. And then work again for some years in consulting to become Manager or entrepreneur by myself.
I dream of working in consulting – especially within STATEGIC consulting because I like conceptional and creative thinking and I wonder where I should start to apply.
Do you have a hint where I will be needed most and how to increase the chances to succeed?
Do you think this plan needs to be adjusted? You are more expert than I’m, please assist because I’m looking for qualified advice. I’m here to listen.
Thanks allot and all the best to you,
Stephan (Leipzig, Germany)