I work for a smallish team in a medium-sized company. Lately, I've become more aware of little things that my colleagues are saying or doing and I'm not sure whether they should be giving me cause for concern. Just little comments or mannerisms which indicate that they perhaps don't respect me or don't like me/are jealous of me in some way/think I'm not up to scratch (or something along those lines? I just can't figure it out).
I can't be too specific because for all I know they may well read these boards. However, some examples are:
1. Little comments between one or two people when they think I can't hear, e.g. along the lines of "he's odd... very strange" (being objective, there's nothing about me which is 'odd' in the slightest, except maybe I'm a little unassertive although that hardly constitutes being 'weird'. I don't wear daffy duck ties or go to goth conventions at the weekend or anything like that. I'm just your run of the mill company man who dresses and acts conservatively and who just wants to do a fair day's work for a fair day's salary and spend time with my family at the weekend)
2. Slightly disrespectful little comments, e.g. in front of clients my boss said (amongst other similar things in the same conversation) "he's quite good at XYZ but poor at understanding the high-level issues" (this comment coming from a guy who once spent 5 hours remedying a £2.60 error on a £22K invoice)
3. My boss constantly asking clients, suppliers, whoever for 'feedback' about me and trying to draw out shortcomings where possible or even creating a few ideas of his own and framing the question in such a way that they agree with him. He then offers to 'sort it out' for them
4. Colleagues often telling more senior colleagues or my line manager things about me which aren't good - e.g. "I asked him to do XYZ but he still hasn't done it" (even though I may have agreed a completion date with them that hasn't yet passed and I'm on top of the task) or "he may have an issue with hierarchy" when I find a colleague of the same level as me trying to position himself as an intermediary between me and my line manager (i.e. agreeing things with him and then giving me the work, receiving his feedback on my work and then passing it on to me, etc) and I instead give the completed work directly to the line manager instead
5. Colleagues giving me unfair or untrue feedback in appraisals (e.g. saying that I need to be better at meeting deadlines, when in fact I have _always_ delivered on time and to the required standard - time management is certainly not one of my weaknesses)
6. My line manager sometimes giving me feedback which describes himself more than it does me
7. People sometimes just giving me odd looks or looking me up and down, almost as if they're sizing me up!! I dress normally, have a normal physique, act normally... so what's that about?
What do you make of all this?