I think it's a given that every time an advert gets posted on the forum, it's an open
invitation to tear apart the business logic. It's the weekend so I'll be nice.
1) Nice - the candidate portal leads you to the client sales presentation. Slick move.
2) So, using this site is like searching for a flight or a holiday - how exactly? Is this
any more useful a tool than Google or Monster?
3) Is it really recommended by executive search firms - why? This is in direct competition with them and devalues their brand by association with a de-skilled hiring process.
4) If candidate selection is so exclusive, how come the bulk invitation posted on a public
5) Who pays for the rewards? To coin a phrase "Show me the money."
6) What's the target market? Consultants? Industry? I'm not convinced that the BCE staff are
qualified to help me when they don't seem to know what they're selling.
7) Do "senior hiring managers" have the time or inclination to sit ploughing through internet
resumes, doing the donkey work? This suggests BCE doesn't understand how its clients (blue
chip organisations) actually hire staff and buy consulting services.
8) Is "senior hiring managers" a buyer group, a user group, the term that was originally scrawled on the whiteboard and nobody bothered to segment? Will any of the target audience recognise themselves under that term?
9) I'm guessing whoever thought up the business plan and marketing didn't go to any of the business schools mentioned. Otherwise they just wasted two years of their life.
10) S.........l............o..............w.......... website.