Thread List
First Page Previous Page Page 104 / 320 Next Page Last Page
Subject#Latest
5 29.03.07
3 29.03.07
3 29.03.07
1 29.03.07
1 30.03.07
4 30.03.07
3 30.03.07
3 30.03.07
3 30.03.07
37 01.04.07
3 03.04.07
2 03.04.07
41 03.04.07
3 03.04.07
4 03.04.07
8 03.04.07
20 03.04.07
3 03.04.07
2 03.04.07
2 03.04.07
1 03.04.07
5 03.04.07
5 04.04.07
3 04.04.07
7 04.04.07
21 04.04.07
3 05.04.07
4 05.04.07
21 05.04.07
1 05.04.07
4 05.04.07
1 05.04.07
2 05.04.07
3 05.04.07
3 05.04.07
1 05.04.07
3 06.04.07
2 06.04.07
15 07.04.07
9 07.04.07
7 07.04.07
4 08.04.07
2 08.04.07
2 09.04.07
1 09.04.07
40 09.04.07
6 09.04.07
5 10.04.07
5 10.04.07
19 10.04.07
First Page Previous Page Page 104 / 320 Next Page Last Page

Decisions: my options

 
#1 Decisions: my options
30/03/2007 19:27

Uncertain

Hi,

I was hoping to get some feedback on my present situation. I have just finished my post-graduate studies and have applied to quite a few MC firms for their grad schemes. I have got through to a few final interviews, although have not had any success yet. I still have first round interviews with McK, KPMG and CapG to go. Otherwise I am sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

However, I was recently offered a job with a v.small finance research outfit that has been growing v. rapidly. It offers the opportunity to get onboard very early for huge potential. Obviously there is quite a bit of risk involved. Also in the short term (<1 year) the pay is dreadful (<23k), although this will increase by a factor of >1.5 year-on-year and I get decent share options.

What do I do? I really can't decide. I mean obviously if Mck offered me the position I would take it like a shot, but I am not in the position to go through all these interviews, which could take a couple of months at least and hold off this other job. I need to decide now.

It's a case of 'certain uncertainty' vs. 'uncertain certainty', if you want to get all Donald Rumsfeld.

Please please help!

Reply  Quote   
 
#2 RE: Decisions: my options
30/03/2007 21:04

Uncertain to Uncertain (#1)

Or what about this option:

Turn down these interviews, take the job and see how it pans out for the next 6 months. If it isn't great, reapply to these and other firms.

Q: will they look upon my application badly if I turn down the interviews just now?

Reply  Quote   
 
#3 RE: Decisions: my options
30/03/2007 21:46

anon to Uncertain (#2)

you could either take the job and still go to all your interviews (if you could get away for them), or in failing that you could defer the interviews, although I'm not sure of that is possible. perhaps others could help out there

Reply  Quote   

Top of Page

ThreadID: 26980

Advertise
Your Jobs!