Thread List
First Page Previous Page Page 223 / 305 Next Page Last Page
Subject#Latest
14 18.10.06
2 17.10.06
13 17.10.06
1 17.10.06
1 17.10.06
10 17.10.06
3 17.10.06
13 17.10.06
4 16.10.06
1 16.10.06
2 16.10.06
8 16.10.06
16 16.10.06
1 16.10.06
6 16.10.06
3 16.10.06
1 16.10.06
5 15.10.06
3 15.10.06
8 14.10.06
4 14.10.06
10 14.10.06
6 13.10.06
1 13.10.06
2 13.10.06
6 13.10.06
9 13.10.06
6 13.10.06
1 12.10.06
6 12.10.06
3 12.10.06
17 12.10.06
1 12.10.06
3 12.10.06
3 12.10.06
9 11.10.06
1 11.10.06
10 11.10.06
16 11.10.06
6 10.10.06
4 10.10.06
2 10.10.06
1 10.10.06
6 09.10.06
3 09.10.06
3 09.10.06
8 09.10.06
2 09.10.06
3 08.10.06
2 08.10.06
First Page Previous Page Page 223 / 305 Next Page Last Page

dilema

 
#1 dilema
16/10/2006 22:42

will

Hi,

Need some advice... I applied to top-tier strategy group in 2 countries (separately, by sending my application via email). From one country I got an invitation for an interview, the other country is still thinking (and will be thinking for next 1 month as they wait for the closure of the application deadline). The second country is my preferred location, but is also more popular location (= tougher to get into).

So what to do now? If I tell honestly country 1 that I’d like to wait for the decision of country 2, then country 1 will think that I’m not motivated enough to work for them (I’m but as a 2nd best choice ;-). If on the other site I start interviewing with country 1, then – even if accepted by country 2 – will not be able to apply to country 2.

Any idea? Great thanks in advance!

will

Reply  Quote   
 
#2 RE: dilema
16/10/2006 23:11

DonnieDarkoBunny to will (#1)

oh what a tangled web you've weaved- next time keep it simple.

For now- chill out as neither have responded yet, only worry about making decisions as and when you need too. If things go well go along with C1 its unlikely that you will have got all the way through their process without hearing from C2. If need be accept with C1 and then withdraw if thiings go hunkydory with C2.

Question- do you think you're suitable material for a top tier firm, dispencing advice to others if you need help with this stuff? I don't mean to sound like a knob but if you want to make it you need to be able to first have yourself in order so that you can help others do so. Flapping around aint a good symptom.

Reply  Quote   
 
#3 RE: dilema
16/10/2006 23:24

will to DonnieDarkoBunny (#2)

DonnieDarkoBunny, thanks for reply. The thing is that I already got an interview invitation with C1. Did I understand you correctly that I should proceed with C1 and, if invited by C2, switch later?

Am I suitable... will find out in couple of weeks so then will tell you ;-). And they always say that key quality of a good consultant is to ask questions...?

Reply  Quote   
 
#4 RE: dilema
16/10/2006 23:31

will to DonnieDarkoBunny (#2)

DonnieDarkoBunny, thanks for reply. The thing is that I already got an interview invitation with C1. Did I understand you correctly that I should proceed with C1 and, if invited by C2, switch later?

Am I suitable... will find out in couple of weeks so then will tell you ;-). And they always say that key quality of a good consultant is to ask questions...?

Reply  Quote   

Top of Page

ThreadID: 19614

Advertise
Your Jobs!