I have more than 4 years of IT consulting experience and I will be finishing my MBA from Aston Business School soon. So far I have got distinction in all the modules studied so far with top in Accouning and Business Finance mainly due to my strong mathematical skill.
I am weighing up different options to choose a career which is challenging as well as rewarding. I have very strong Analytical and Communication skills. I have been conducting workshops, formulating business plans, conducting feasibility studies in my career. I have very strong inclination towards management consultancy with have my own consultancy firm in 10 years time. As I know this is the best place to talk to people who can give their guidance and advise I have few questions to ask
1. Will my strong IT background be a disadvantage for me.
2. I know ITIL and Prine2 very well and used it throughout my career but have not converted them into certifications. Is this a problem.
3. I have just got my membership for IMC. Is it any useful.
4. What is the roadmap for becoming a management consultant.
What are the skills which are essential for recognition. MBA is one I know but is there anything else needed on top of this.
5. How much salary we should expect in the beginning.
6. If someone has been doing IT consultancy how can he leverage that acquired knowledge to pursue is management consultancy career.
Thanks in advance.