Have you been told within which part of the business? There are several testing teams across MC, Tech, even some in Tax. Is your team selling testing services, advisory, testing management?
As an Assistant Manager you can expect to:
- Lead workstreams and projects
- Be responsible for the planning and execution against agreed scopes of work
- Lead small teams during delivery
- Be expected to contribute to business development in the form of responding to proposals etc.
- Actively take part in practice development, for example learning events
- Act with relatively little supervision
As a Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for projects - it's your head on the line if delivery goes wrong (along with the partner or director in charge)
- Be responsible for delivery to budget, time and quality including managing commercial and other risks
- Lead larger teams
- Need to demonstrate contribution to BD and origination of new opportunities to be considered to "meet expectations" (unless you are in one of the few non-client facing teams)
- Actively develop team, market and capability somehow - say via new propositions
- Be able to run entirely independently during delivery and be managed on an exception basis - you are the first point of call for problems